The Outbarn is ideally suited to provide a base for field trips to Stonyfold farm and it’s surrounding countryside, including Beacon Fell Country Park. All lying within an “Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty” and benefitting from having very close links to the M6 motorway.
If you are a member of any other organisation that may wish to use this facility, College, University, Ramblers, Bird Watchers, Scouts, Guides, Duke of Edinburgh Awards, etc., please do not hesitate to contact us and we will do our best to accommodate and make sure the facility is available to all.
About Stonyfold Farm
Size and Landscape
- Small grassland farm – approx 50 hectares, on the south facing slops of Beacon Fell Country Park.
- The farm sits between 150-210 meters above sea level.
- Replanted almost every hedgerow following original historic field boundaries, large wildlife corridors created with small plots of wild flowers.
- On a clear day, from the farm, you can see as far as Wales and Snowdonia. Blackpool Tower is easily seen on the coast out to the West.
- Mixed stock rearing farm – Cattle and Sheep.
- 80 cattle.
- 150 sheep.
- Managed within a Higher Level Stewardship (HLS) scheme to encourage nesting farmland birds.
- The farm was set up with land from several smaller farms by Mark himself in 1988, building the farm house in 1994.
- Alongside his farming activities Mark is a local Lime and fertiliser spreading contractor.
- Outbarn, Wet weather educational space, including disabled access, toilets and wash facilities.
- Hardstand parking, including coaches.
- Approx. 800m – 900m surfaced walking paths.
- Tramper/wheelchair access, bookings can be made. Tramper hire available.